Join our 2016 Street Legal Team!
West Coast Environmental Law is seeking outgoing and engaging volunteers who are passionate about the environment to join our Street Legal Team for the 2016 season!
At West Coast Environmental Law we believe that the best way to safeguard the environment is to have it protected by law. Through law, British Columbia’s species and ecosystems will be protected, communities will have a democratic voice in their environment, social, and economic well-being, and we will make the essential shift to greater sustainability. We provide legal information, guidance and support to individuals, communities and organizations seeking to protect their water, lands and air.
This is an ongoing opportunity for part-time volunteers at events in Metro Vancouver.
As a member of the Street Legal Team you will play an important role in conveying pressing environmental issues to the public at tabling events throughout Vancouver and surrounding communities. With a strong personal commitment to the environment, you enjoy interacting and engaging with the public, are friendly and approachable and enjoy spending time outside.
As a member of the Street Legal Team, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge on current environmental issues and gain significant experience in public outreach all while enjoying environmental events, festivals, farmer's markets and other exciting community events.
- Keen to learn about West Coast's environmental law work, including:
- Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain and Enbridge Northern Gateway pipeline and tanker projects
- Strengthening Canada’s Environmental Laws
- Marine Conservation & Fisheries Act
- Strong verbal communicator
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
- A friendly smile
What’s in it for you?
- Expand your knowledge on important environmental issues
- Gain experience in public outreach
- Earn volunteer hours and personalized letter of reference on request
- Spend time outdoors and experience exciting events in Metro Vancouver
Related education and previous outreach experience is a bonus, but as long as you are passionate about environmental protection and are interested in learning about current environmental issues, all are welcome!
Please email us and submit a brief paragraph outlining your related experience along with your availability to Alexis at email@example.com